Spain represented by the Repsol Honda duo of Toni Bou and Jaime Busto were the worthy winners of the 2017 FIM X-Trial des Nations held in Pau, France. After two laps of six sections the formidable pairing ran out easy victors to register Spain’s eleventh consecutive success in this team competition. Great Britain’s combination of James Dabiil – Gas Gas and Jack Price – Gas Gas survived a disastrous second lap to claim the runners-up spot just a single mark ahead of France’s duo of Alexandre Ferrer – Sherco and Benoit Bincaz – Scorpa.
FIM X-Trial des Nations – Key Facts
- Spain record eleventh X-TDN win
- Bou and Busto are dominant in Pau
- Great Britain hang on to the runners-up spot
- France finish on the podium in front of home fans
- Germany gift Italy fourth place after late collapse
- Bou adds eleventh team prize to eleventh individual title