Reigning and already ten times champion Toni Bou – Repsol Honda opened the defence of his FIM X-Trial World Championship with an emphatic victory at the first round of the series in Barcelona, Spain. On a night when this famous event celebrated its 40th anniversary with a parade of previous winners and competitors, Bou cemented his place as the greatest of all amongst these victors with his eleventh win inside the Olympic arena.
Although eventual runner-up Adam Raga – TRS offered a brave fight but he had no real answer to King Toni. The last podium place was finally decided by a fraught tie-decider with Jeroni Fajardo – Vertigo snatching it from Albert Cabestany – Sherco.
Barcelona – Key Facts
- 11th win for Bou in Barcelona
- Toni captures 9th victory in a row inside Palau Sant Jordi
- 6th runners up spot for Raga in Barcelona
- Fajardo claims maiden X-Trial podium for Vertigo
- Cabestany knocked off rostrum in tie-decider
- Fujinami + Busto fail to make final
- Dabill + Kadlec round out the order
Photo – FIM/Good-Shoot