Reigning champions Spain start as clear favourites to retain their FIM X-Trial des Nations title this coming Friday in Pau, France and in doing so extend their unbeaten run in the event to eleven consecutive victories. Led by Toni Bou – Repsol Honda who last weekend in Nice, France claimed his eleventh FIM X-Trial World Championship, he will be joined on the team by Jaime Busto – Repsol Honda who finished the 2017 X-Trial series in seventh despite only competing twice as a wild card rider.
Spanish Team – Key Facts
- 10 x Victories FIM Indoor / X Trial des Nations for Spain – 2002 / 2003 / 2004 / 2005 / 2006 / 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016
- 2017 will mark Toni Bou’s 6th appearance in the FIM X-Trial des Nations
- 9 x Winning team member – Albert Cabestany
- 5 x Winning team member – Toni Bou
- 2015 – Winners – Bou and Cabestany lost zero marks
- Cabestany, Adam Raga, Marc Freixa, Bou and Busto have all won on their FIM Indoor / X-Trials des Nations debut